I am writing you today to ask that you consider a simple, two week
effort called The H2O Challenge. This effort provides
you with a unique opportunity to save a life, to make a big impact
through a small sacrifice.
Here is what you need to know:
1. Every 15 seconds, a child dies because
of a lack of clean drinking water. That is 6,000 children
per day, or 2 million per year.
2. In most cases, clean water is right beneath their feet, but there
is no well, only disease-infested pools of stagnant surface water.
Here is what you can do to help:
1. For two weeks, drink no beverages other than water.
2. Set aside all the money which you would normally have spent consuming
soda, juice, milk, etc.
3. Use the money to help drill wells in areas where clean water
Here’s how The H2O Challenge is different from traditional
1. You are not being asked to contribute funds which come from
savings or funds which you would have given to other causes.
2. All project money should come from the small sacrifice of giving
up other beverages. In essence, we want you to DIVERT funds that were headed toward the soda machine or coffee shop.
3. This project allows you to move money that would have gone to CONSUMPTION over to a valuable CONTRIBUTION. As
you sacrifice the pleasure of other beverages—for just two
weeks—you will be making a choice that saves a life.
On the following page you will find more information outlining The H2O
Project. May God bless you as you consider this challenge. Should
you have any questions at all, please
e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a ministry that provides clean water and would like to use The H2O Project resources to raise funds for your work, please feel free to do so.
Founder, The H2O Project